For the Crêpes:
• 1 1/4 cup (300ml) milk
• 2 large organic eggs
• 9 tablespoons(5.3oz,150g) beet puree
• 1 tablespoon melted butter + more for cooking the crepes
• 1 cup (130g) Organic emmer flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 package organic arugula
• 18oz (500g) ricotta
• Orange zest from 2 organic blood oranges
• 2 organic blood oranges, peel removed and chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Aged Balsamic Vinegar
Farro Beet Crêpes
In a blender or a bowl, add the Emmer flour and all of the ingredients for the crêpes then blend or whisk until homogenous. Chill in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
Add a small knob of butter to a crêpe pan or frying pan. As the butter and as it melts over medium heat, swirl the pan so that the butter covers the bottom. Pour in 1/2 cup of the crêpe and quickly swirl the pan so that it distributes the liquid evenly. Cook for 1-3 minutes then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat for the rest of the crêpes. Keep the crêpes warm by putting them in the oven at a low temperature.
Fill each crêpe with some ricotta, arugula, blood orange pieces & zest and pistachios. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, aged balsamic vinegar and honey.