For the pasta:
• 1 package Organic Fusilli Pasta
• 1 tablespoon coarse salt
For the pea pesto:
• 1/2 cup (120ml) extra virgin olive oil + more if needed to arrive at the consistency desired
• 1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice
• 1 cup (145g) cooked peas
• 1/2 cup (6g) mint leaves
• 1 cup (20g) basil
• 1/2 clove garlic, skin removed
• 1/3 cup (35g) walnuts
• 1/4 cup (20g) grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the pasta and Topping:
• 1 cup (145g) sun dried tomatoes
• 1 cup (30g) arugula
• Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
• Zest from 1 organic lemon
Organic Fusilli Pasta with Pea Pesto, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Arugula
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the coarse salt followed by the Fusilli pasta. Cook for 10 minutes until al dente.
Add all of the ingredients for the pea pesto to a food processor and blend until smooth, adding more extra virgin olive oil if needed. Pour 1/2 of the pesto into a large skillet and heat over low heat.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Add the pasta to a skillet with the pesto, adding a bit of reserved water to thin it out. Add the sun dried tomatoes and arugula and continue cooking for another few minutes until warm. Dish up the pasta and top with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and organic lemon zest.