• 3 avocados
• ½ small red onion, finely chopped, about ¼ cup
• 1 tomato, seeds and pulp removed, diced
• ½ -1 chili pepper, stems and seeds removed, finely diced
• 1 small clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
• 1 lime, juiced
• ½ teaspoon salt
• Dash of fresh ground black pepper
• Organic emmer and corn crackers
Guacamole with emmer and corn crackers
Cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds. Scoop out the inside of the avocado, place it in a bowl and discard the skin.
Add the onions, tomatoes, chili pepper, garlic, lime, salt and pepper. Mash the ingredients together with a spoon.
Taste and add more spices and chili pepper if desired until you reach the right level of spiciness.
Serve with Organic emmer and corn crackers.
Recipe and video by Italian-based food blogger
Cindy Swain from italicanakitchen.com