For the salad:
• 1 1/2 (300g) cups Organic Pearled Emmer
• 4 cups water
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 3 carrots, chopped or grated
• 1 fennel, chopped or grated
• 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
• 1 cup packed organic spinach (1 oz, 30g), chopped
• 3.5 oz (100g) Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
• 2 tablespoons (6g) chopped chives
For the sauce:
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 organic lemon, juiced
• Zest from 1/2 organic lemon
• 2 tablespoon (30g) Dijon
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• Salt and pepper, to taste
Spinach & Carrot Farro Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
Add the Pearled Emmer and water to medium-sized pot and bring to a boil. Add the salt, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 18 minutes.
In the meantime, add all of the ingredients for the sauce to a bowl and stir well.
When the farro is done, drain well and pour into a serving bowl. Add the carrots, fennel, radishes, spinach, Parmigiano Reggiano, chives and the sauce. Mix well. Serve warm or cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator and serve cold.