• 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
• 1/4 cup (60 g) extra virgin olive oil + 2 tbsps, divided
• 1 cup (22 g) torn Tuscan kale leaves (no stems)
• 1 small clove garlic, skin removed
• 1 tablespoon (12 g) walnut halves
• 1/3 cup (20 g) grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese + more for serving
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• Black pepper, to taste
• 11oz (320 g) Organic whole grain Farro linguine
• Coarse salt
Farro Pasta with Kale Pesto and Sweet Potatoes
Heat 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the sweet potatoes and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, or until soft.
In a food processor, add the kale, garlic, walnuts, Parmigiano Reggiano, salt and black pepper.
Blend until everything is well chopped. Drizzle in the oil and continue to blend for another 30 seconds.
Bring a medium pot of water to boil, then salt. Cook the farro linguine for 7-8 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water before draining.
Add the pesto, The Organic whole grain Farro linguine and pasta water to the skillet with the sweet potatoes. Stir until well combined and cook over medium heat for 1 minute until warm. Divide into four bowls and serve with additional Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Buon appetito!
Recipe and video by Italian-based food blogger
Cindy Swain from italicanakitchen.com