• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 large onion, roughly chopped
• 1 fennel, trimmed and roughly chopped (reserve fennel fronds)
• 4 cups (90 g) chopped kale without stems
• 4 cups (720 g) cooked cannellini beans
• 6 cups (1400 ml) organic vegetable broth
• 1 3/4 cups (200 g) Whole Grain Organic Poggio del Farro Farro Ditalini Pasta
• Salt and black pepper to taste
Whole Grain Organic Farro Ditalini Soup with Onion, Fennel, Kale, and Cannellini
Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add the onion and fennel and cook over medium heat until soft; 3-5 minutes. Add the kale, cannellini beans and vegetable broth; bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Using an immersion mixer, pulse 5-6 times so that some of the ingredients are well blended but there are still a lot of chunks.
Add the Whole Grain Organic Poggio del Farro Farro Ditalini Pasta and cook for 6-7 minutes.* Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped reserved fennel fronds.
*On the package it is recommended to cook the pasta for 9 minutes but in this recipe the time should be reduced as the pasta will continue to cook in the broth when served.
Recipe and video by Italian-based food blogger
Cindy Swain from italicanakitchen.com