• 3/4 cup (175ml) milk
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar or lemon juice)
• 1 cup (125g) Organic emmer flour
• 2 teaspoons (8g) sugar
• 1 teaspoon (4g) baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon (3g) baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon (3g) salt
• 1 organic egg
• 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
• Butter for greasing the pan, as needed
• Whipped cream
• Pure maple syrup
Farro Pancakes with Whipped Cream, Strawberries and Maple Syrup
Stir the milk and apple cider vinegar together in a small bowl and set aside.In a medium bowl whisk together: Organic emmer flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a separate medium bowl whisk together: egg, melted butter and milk/apple cider mixture. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
Brush a large nonstick skillet with butter and heat over medium-low heat. Add 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture to the pan and cook until bubbles form on the top and the bottom is golden; about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the bottom, about 1-2 more minutes. Repeat.
Serve with whipped cream, strawberries and pure maple syrup.